Tiny Rig Co.

TESTED: Armorlite Flooring System

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
OEM’s should be using Armorlite flooring. But they’re still putting carpet in new 4×4 trucks and SUV’s for the 2022 model year. Which makes perfect sense >insert sarcasm here< for vehicles marketed and sold to people like us who intend to take them off the beaten path in search of all of the things that are inherently wet, sandy, and muddy.

ACA6D71A-03DC-4588-B7D6-1B2D83B9F780-scaled.jpeg

Background

Imagine if you will an aftermarket flooring system that exactly replicates the size, shape, and contour of the OEM carpet flooring kit while enhancing acoustic and thermal insulation properties. Now imagine if that kit was super water resistant with built in drain plugs to hose it out after a long weekend outdoors. Then, what if it was actually easy to install in your driveway with hand tools?

Well, someone finally filled this important niche with a MUCH better option than carpet or even spray in bed liner...

Continue reading...

I can't wait for something like this for the Tacoma. Even if I have to drill holes in the floorboards for the drain holes.

I can't wait for something like this for the Tacoma. Even if I have to drill holes in the floorboards for the drain holes.

The funny part is, I think there’s a large number of people that would not shy away from drilling holes in the floorboards of trucks if it gave them this added functionality.

The ease of cleanup now with this flooring and the drain plugs is a BIG game changer. Sand used to be a real pain, now it just rinses right OUT!

:jump:

I just installed this kit in my JKU yesterday. While I live in So Cal and am not too concerned about mud, I wanted the heat and acoustic insulation. The original carpet was nearly 15 years old and, while it didn’t look too bad on the surface, the backside showed its age.

Installation took a little longer than the 1-2 hours the instructions suggested; the material is THICK and STIFF, making it difficult to slide beneath the seats, around the brackets, and beneath the center console (a standard screwdriver helped and came nowhere close to damaging the rubber surface). I took my time to carefully clear wiring and an Alpine amp/subwoofer combo beneath the front seats and tuck the flooring in place.

Once everything was in place, it looked as it should’ve from the factory. The acoustic insulation is effective. My exhaust system was modified for the installation of a GenRight auxiliary fuel tank and the muffler is beneath the left rear seat; with the new flooring, it is noticeably quieter. It was cool for a summer day in So Cal, though, and I didn’t drive far, so I didn’t get a chance to se how well it insulated against the heat. Based on its design and materials, however, I have no doubt it’ll be much improved over the original carpet.

I’d recommend this for anyone who uses the Jeep as intended!

Last edited:
I just installed this kit in my JKU yesterday. While I live in So Cal and am not too concerned about mud, I wanted the heat and acoustic insulation. The original carpet was nearly 15 years old and, while it didn’t look too bad on the surface, the backside showed its age.

Installation took a little longer than the 1-2 hours the instructions suggested; the material is THICK and STIFF, making it difficult to slide beneath the seats, around the brackets, and beneath the center console (a standard screwdriver helped and came nowhere close to damaging the rubber surface). I took my time to carefully clear wiring and an Alpine amp/subwoofer combo beneath the front seats and tuck the flooring in place.

Once everything was in place, it looked as it should’ve from the factory. The acoustic insulation is effective. My exhaust system was modified for the installation of a GenRight auxiliary fuel tank and the muffler is beneath the left rear seat; with the new flooring, it is noticeably quieter. It was cool for a summer day in So Cal, though, and I didn’t drive far, so I didn’t get a chance to se how well it insulated against the heat. Based on its design and materials, however, I have no doubt it’ll be much improved over the original carpet.

I’d recommend this for anyone who uses the Jeep as intended!

:pics

Goose Gear
Back
Top Bottom