AT Overland Equipment

The International 4WD Trainers Association: Inside the Testing for Certification

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
This is an inside look at the I4WDTA. My goal here is to provide some level of transparency for an organization I believe in. To that end, I’d like to provide you with a glimpse inside their Testing for Certification process and the extremely diverse knowledge, skills, and aptitudes required to be successful. There were eight Candidate Trainers and a large number of I4WDTA staff present whom I will refer to here as Cadre during this 2021 event.

0A067EE9-F451-4CCB-9407-AA55448BE5F8-scaled.jpeg

The beginnings of the Association

The I4WDTA was founded by off road legend Bill Burke of Bill Burke’s 4-Wheeling America, an internationally recognized trainer and recovery expert who teaches back country driving techniques, winching and extrication methods, vehicle preparation and maintenance, land navigation and woods skills through classes and private training. He’s...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
This has been on my list of “must complete” items for way too long! I have competed and been around many of these trainers, I can say that they are the best of the best. I strive to join their ranks in the next few years.

Tiny Rig Co.
Back
Top Bottom