2017 LC 200 -Build

Slowly making progress

1) find 2 sets of TRD Rock warriors .. took a while but managed it for less than 1 set typically sells for. Tires are next 285/70-17 E rated for now.

2) Gamaviti dash plate install..
with 2 powerwerx hi output usb-a/c 36w/easy and 3 67d 20mm AMPS bases. These will be on a relay triggered by a voltage sensing relay off of the main battery.. so no taps or touching the stock wiring in the truck..my goal is a 100% separate electric install, leaving everything Toyota untouched and allow for expansion
a fair bit of work.. so far

Waiting on the voltage relay to come in from AUS to finish wiring.
8ADE5686-BE16-46A0-B9B1-EA89F0FAAF07.jpeg
D5AB78AC-D29B-4F88-916C-65C35C23AA14.jpeg
D42E5E27-D70D-4935-BA99-F78BE0E82CA9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of an update
Dash power is provided by a relay which is triggered by a GSL ignition sensing relay… no connections into the wiring harness
right now it is in a temporary spot, as I did it before doing the plugs today.
now I can move forward and put in the accessory plate from slee and the painless harness, which will split constant and ignition circuits as needed.

so two cables to the battery and all the added bits are 100% separate from the truck.
034FD004-527C-423B-943B-F28ADD9756FD.jpeg
C3401A34-3B52-4E62-803D-BB957EDBCAF9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Making slow progress…
1) biggest upgrade -> paying it off and getting the title!
2) rock warriors and 285/70-17 copper AT3 Ltz E-rated tires are on.
3) ARB twin, bracket, rear latch button, and 2 NL lights for the tailgate up next. Already here just need to install it all.

IMG_2524.jpeg

I did not take pictures of the process. But needless to say, step 1 is disassemble all the plastics (some partially) on the rear hatch and in the rear of the truck including popping down the headliner in the rear.
Its a chore to do.

I installed
2x National Luna Touch lights, white/Amber
1 Cruiser outfitters rear access switch kit.
I ran the power wire through the center connector grommet for the wash system into the headliner area of the truck, then over and down to the cubby/jack area where I have the rest of my electrical wiring terminated for the Dual battery system to the rear Drawer panel on the passenger side.
The lights are joined up into an Anderson plug to the cable run so if I need to remove the panel, it's not hard wired and will come out with just an additional connection to unhook.

Notes on the Cruiser outfitters switch install, 1) USE THE RIGHT TEMPLATE!! - there are two, and I didn't. luckily I cut it in in order to trim it to fit so I could still work with what I had. The Correct 1:1template is in the hardware pack - I wish they would not include the other one in the instructions. or at least watermark it - DO NOT USE for cuts or something.
2) the Toyota wiring for the hatch release switch is really small, be careful crimping it and make sure you have a good crimp, with the right tool. You have to cut the OEM wires, also do not cut them super close to the plug. it makes it really hard to crimp them.
also just take the grommet off the rear hatch rubber grommet/tube (passenger side one) and pull the wires though to the inside, use a longer zip tie as a guide from the other side - you will have enough room to work that way. it takes a few minutes more but worth it.

ARM Twin OBA - install notes. I wanted to access the fuse box normally. Hence these mods.
1) I spaced it up 3 washers and use longer M6 bolts (25mm if I remember right) - that brings it up so there is enough clearance to get the lid out easily.
2) I snorkeled the passenger side intake, its a compromise since straight up hits the hood sound deadening, and straight out 90 degrees hits the strut. just 1/4 NPT brass fittings from your local Big box hardware store will work for this. I used Home Depot. 1 street elbow, 1 M-M connector, 1 F-F connector - ideally order a M-F connector.
3) clocking the air line - put the nut on the connector in a vice and use vice grips to gently clock it 90 degrees. Not hard to do but not obvious how to do it.
4) I used a Slee compressor bracket. Pretty straight forward install instructions are good, just read them and keep them handy when doing it.

All power wiring, runs to the passenger side Slee accessory plate - this is not the final wiring setup (fyi..) Midi fuses will be installed when I do the rest of the electrical stuff on the rack and front bar that are yet to be purchased Install is straightforward, and works for what I have currently.

I used an EasyAS ignition sensing relay for the ignition signal in my truck, this is wired to the relay for the dash dock outlets and the ARB twin. I have no connections into the Toyota fuse panels. This is a 100% separate system with only 2 connections to the main battery.

The plate has 2 power posts, 1 for constant power (4ga cable run) and the other for Ignition sense needs (red) that will make future wiring easy and keep everything out of the main fuse panels.

Victory 4x4 rear screen deletes - easy to do, except for getting the connectors out of the screen. Pita for some reason.

Next up is re-install the goose gear ultimate chef cabinets, and redo some of the mounts for the side panel to provide some protection for the outlets and battery monitor. Figure out a wing for the other side (water system maybe or just storage)..
anyway... work moves forward.

Attachments

• IMG_2604.JPG
    IMG_2604.JPG
    584 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2606 2.JPG
    IMG_2606 2.JPG
    416.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2602.jpeg
    IMG_2602.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2605.jpeg
    IMG_2605.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2607.jpeg
    IMG_2607.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2608.jpeg
    IMG_2608.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Getting there.. now to finish some 80/20 on the rack before a short trip to the dirt in va.

Attachments

• IMG_2615.jpeg
    IMG_2615.jpeg
    616.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2614.jpeg
    IMG_2614.jpeg
    766.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2608.jpeg
    IMG_2608.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 95
80/20 (well ...TNUTZ) OEM rack modifications done for now. I do have plans for a bigger 270 awning, so the rack will be switched to something a bit more full coverage for the load in the near future. Not much to add up there except my fire pit/grill and a solar panel.
Awning, Shower Enclosure, and Maxtrax's mounted. Shovel nests under the Maxtrax.
Force protector gear for any other shade/rain needs.

Cheap and Cheerful since I had everything expect the awning brackets already on the D90. It will transfer back easily enough.
Reuse/Recycle

Not having a spare tire is bugging me, mostly for trash - LOL.. I'll get there, and it will open up space for the 2nd fuel tank which I really need.

Just need to get the water in its final spot and a bit of exploring in VA next weekend to see how it all works.

Attachments

• IMG_2620.jpeg
    IMG_2620.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    485.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2621.jpeg
    IMG_2621.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 89
80/20 (well ...TNUTZ) OEM rack modifications done for now. I do have plans for a bigger 270 awning, so the rack will be switched to something a bit more full coverage for the load in the near future. Not much to add up there except my fire pit/grill and a solar panel.
Awning, Shower Enclosure, and Maxtrax's mounted. Shovel nests under the Maxtrax.
Force protector gear for any other shade/rain needs.

Cheap and Cheerful since I had everything expect the awning brackets already on the D90. It will transfer back easily enough.
Reuse/Recycle

Not having a spare tire is bugging me, mostly for trash - LOL.. I'll get there, and it will open up space for the 2nd fuel tank which I really need.

Just need to get the water in its final spot and a bit of exploring in VA next weekend to see how it all works.

Pretty cool to be able to open the rear hatch from inside! Had I been able to do that with my GX I would have a bit of a different interior layout.

I have the 40 gallon Long Range tank in my 200 Series. I highly recommend it. The same price of the 24 gallon.

Once I do a rear bumper the next thing will be a tank… probably go with the 40..
I may have to do some suspension stuff in the interim.. the va trip kinda proved its lacking in clearance. Especially on break over.
also 33” is good but 34-35” would be the ticket for the rear diff. Plows as much as a Salisbury in a 110 lol

Big weekend.... New to me Front, Rear Bumpers, Prinsu Rack, Winch and some other bits :) Still working on paint, welding brackets, Jerry can mounts (AT Overland), Baja light installs (3 sets) and other stuff to finish it up in week or 2... I think my fuel mileage is going to suffer a bit.
IMG_2892.png
IMG_2897.png
IMG_2898.png
IMG_2900.png

Welded and bolted on the bumper brackets to the frame, chopped the resonator as well while I was there, mostly because it hangs down low and I'll kill it. So it's Tucked now.

Next up, winch wiring, rear tire studs (using OEM LC parts so I have spare wheel studs) front and rear Baja squadron light install, moving my LP9's over, installing the AT jerry holders, moving rack stuff over, and figure out the plan for sliders, and next priorities. The Lift is already figured out, just need to sort that job out, it will be a pretty simple 2" OME lift

Attachments

• LC200 - Res chop.jpg
    LC200 - Res chop.jpg
    622.3 KB · Views: 42
More progress.....
Suspension secured, just waiting on UCA's for the install.
Deciding on Sliders (most likely Bud Built)., and need to figure out the skid plate mounting and paint them.

The weight is piling on.... so the initial springs may not be enough... we will see...

Had a good trip on the South Carolina Adventure Route last weekend where the truck preformed really well especially in the Mud with the Cooper AT3xlt's honestly I was surprised about that since AT's usually are fairly poor in deep mud.
Put the winch to work and the SafeXtract line, pulling out the lead LR3 when its hood disappeared under water (!?!), I need to relocate the winch plug to the front somewhere.

IMG_2959.jpeg
IMG_2963.jpeg
IMG_2939.jpeg
IMG_2938.jpeg
IMG_2913.jpeg
422624073_7487082551331335_3498208364582297543_n.jpg
428420798_7487069857999271_1115729611482860491_n.jpg
IMG_2982.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom