2018 Lexus GX build

This is a mod most folks won't do, but I need it on the regular for classes.

I ordered the Kaon transmission shift lock release button. This allows one to shift the trans mission into neutral with out pushing the start button to energize the system. No power, no problem, push the button.

The problem is the GX is different than the Prado. As you can tell the GX button is not compatible with the one Kaon makes with the GX trim.

I thought about it a bit, trimmed the back of the GX trim piece with the Dremel Tool and fabricated a piece of stainless for the push button. Works like a champ!! The GX can now be shifted into neutral with out energizing the electrical system. No more dinging telling me that the trans is in neutral!!

Kaon 1.jpg
Kaon 2.jpg
Kaon 3.jpg
Kaon 4.jpg
Kaon 5.jpg

Installed existing trim piece, fabricated a stainless push button, works like a champ! I did paint my push button with orange paint, currently drying. Ill post a picture of that tomorrow.

Kaon 6.jpg
Kaon 7.jpg
Kaon 8.jpg
Kaon 9.jpg

New project! When I installed my Kaon shelf I lost the room for our dog kennel. Our dog is getting old and doesn't move around well and Stacey wasn't to keen on camping with her anymore, she is Grandma Puppy, snores, farts, sleeps and eats!

We will be getting one of these in 4-5 weeks.

They are Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs. This will be our 3rd. Hoping Grandma Puppy is around to teach them the yard is for doing there business.

puppies 1.jpg

puppies 2.jpg

The project is a fridge divider/kennel. The divider will stay installed full time to keep items from falling behind the fridge when open. I will have a quick install for the front panel to box the area in, to turn it into a kennel when needed.

Using two Grey Man Tactical MOLLE panels 30.25 X 17 RMPX™ - https://greymantactical.com/collections/shoprmpxseries/products/30-25x17rmpx , two 4"x1" x 1/8" and two 3"x1"x 1/8" 6063T6 L extrusion. Today I located and drilled up the divider to the Kaon shelf and Truckvault.

MOLLE 1.jpg
MOLLE 2.jpg
Molle 3.jpg

Received my fridge/divider parts from powder coat. Installed the divider today for my up coming trip to Colorado. I need to purchase some more fasteners for the forward portion.
I will only use the forward section when we haul the pup so the Truckvault is still my primary sleeping surface on solo trips.

k1.jpg
k2.jpg
k3.jpg
k4.jpg
k5.jpg

Last edited:
Tito tested (daughters dog) Ellie approved (our new Greater Swiss Mountain Dog pup).

Attachments

• GMT 7.jpg
    GMT 7.jpg
    606.2 KB · Views: 95
  • GMT 8.jpg
    GMT 8.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 95
Been a busy summer of training. We took the month of August off to enjoy summer a bit. I went to Colorado to see my daughter, camp and wheel.

September arrived and we returned to training in the PNW! Here are few pictures from our end of summer drivers course. We rent a private OHV park and have the run of the place!

gd1.jpg
gd2.jpg
gd3.jpg
gd4.jpg

Refacing dust/tailgater lights. This has been a project I've wanted to complete for sometime and finally got around to it.

When out in a big group the rear facing dust lights are a good way to keep the person at your 6 from following to close and makes it easy to locate the conga line. When you get a tailgater that doesn't back off, give em a quick light flash.

I had to fabricate a anti rotation device, the lights normally mount with a carriage bolt to eliminate the light from rotating. The way I wanted to mount these the carriage bolt was replaced. I also used TMR Customs zip tie tabs to manage wire routing. Filled the last switch on the sPOD.

R1.jpg
R3.jpg
R5.jpg
R6.jpg
R7.jpg

Nice. I have the Baja Designs RTL on the back of the Gladiator and it provides great peace of mind when in heavy traffic and especially bad weather. Dust lights are a hard requirement for me.

Ah the smell of new rubber!

A friend owns a Grease Monkey in Everett WA and is trying to differentiate his store from others. He has access to tires, I just picked up 5 BFG KM3 285/75/17 and had them installed.

If you live in the North end and are in need of tires DM me.

The bad part is while on the rack I was able to detect a slight bit of hub bearing play on both sides. The good news I just ordered them out of Japan with seals and shipping for $260.00 bucks! Should arrive early April at the latest.

tires #1.jpg
Tires #2.jpg
Tires #3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom