2022 Colorado ZR2 Bison

Got any gratuitous truck shots for the home page image rotation?

There's always excessively gratuitous truck shots Greg lol. I'll go through some folders tonight and send some off to you. :tip

I love the Radflo's on my GX! I was warned that they would need to be serviced once a year, this was entirely untrue. I have put over 40,000 miles on them and they are still an excellent choice.

I'm glad I made the jump to Radflo too. I'm not too worried about the servicing intervals, but great to know you've stretched the mileage quite far! These higher end coilovers are made for servicing anyways and I bet those are hard use mileage on their end too, but good to cover their ass as well for liability reasons. Also, considering Radflo is just about 40minutes from my house and my DSSVs are still usable if I need to swap. :D

I always need a beer when arriving at camp and during set up!

This is always required lol. There's always at least two ice cold beverages waiting. :clang

I removed the front sway bar hoping for the clunking noise to go away... Nope, it didn't. I ended up lifting the truck back up and wiggled the wheel about, and I suspect the passenger tie rod to be shot. Driverside seems to be okay for now.
Turns out this is a known problem with the ZR2's. Great...

The truck does handle quite well without the bar. I did crank up the front compression to 20/25 and the rears to 12/25, and it had a bit of lean but doable. I may click it down a bit to let the suspension work a little better.

Well, on another note, I ordered some M16 Grade 10.9 hardware to replace the OEM bolts when installing the Deaver Leaf's, which is another issue as the bolt cannot be removed without dropping the fuel tank.
This requires the OEM bolt to be loosened, and then cutoff. The replacement bolt will be shorter so it can be installed in the "correct" position without interfering with the fuel tank.
So hopefully next week, if I have freed up time, I'll get the leafs installed and the tie rods replaced.

I also still have a number of BD cab lights to install in the shell and wire up too... all in time for DRV perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom