Battle of the Boxes: AluBox vs Zarges

Hello Dave,

I‘ve just joined after nosy about for weeks. I am putting together a kitchen box. The plan is to use a Zarges 40678 box which is quite a bit higher than the Frontrunner dividers. However I am planning to have the stove on top of the foam - that‘s to say; open the box remove the stove and then pots set would be underneath along with an hang kitchen organizer that packs down (Step22 Chameleon perhaps).

The stove I have is pretty heavy duty (18” Partner Steel) and my question is would the foam be firm enough to bear the 13 pound weight of the stove?

If I were to cut some metal or thin ply wood dividers any idea on how to attach to the side of the Zarges?

I was thinking maybe sandwiching such dividers between the FR foam in the sections needing to bear the stove weight.

Any thoughts suggestions ?

You might consider an HDPE cutting board cut to “just right” size as sort of “false floor” on top of the dividers for perfect weight distribution, and to protect what’s underneath.

You need a cutting board anyway ;)

I think the Front Runner foam would be sufficient support for the Partner Steel stove. I would put pins in top and bottom though to minimize splay of the dividers.

My mod thread of my Zarges.

Thanks @WashingtonTaco for confirming that the FR foam divider is looking up to the job. At the moment I am gravitating towards using this Fr foam (7” high) in conjunction with the Zarges OEM foam lining. Will hopefully be able to post a few photos next month :)

Yes, I’ve snooped around for a while here and had a good read of your thread. Nicely put together.

You might consider an HDPE cutting board cut to “just right” size as sort of “false floor” on top of the dividers for perfect weight distribution, and to protect what’s underneath.

You need a cutting board anyway ;)
It will need to be 2 cutting boards since these are the house rules but I like your thinking @Dave. Was gravitating to HDPE cutting boards anyway but was considering having them vertical in the box. I think laying them horizontal is a great idea and not as fiddle as digging out from the sides of the box.

Anyone checked out the AluBox RuumX liner ? Any idea on how it compares with the FrontRunner liner ?

Anyone checked out the AluBox RuumX liner ? Any idea on how it compares with the FrontRunner liner ?

I have the AluBox RuumX dividers. They are everything that the TrekPak dividers are, without the insane price.

No idea about any FrontRunner products for AluBox?

Frontrunner Flat Packs?

They will fit in the the Zarges and AluBox that are sized near 21.65 X 13.78 X 8.66 or larger but it's not a snug fit since they're sized for the African ammo box.

Points to the Flat Pack because you can zip it closed to empty the aluminum box quickly and is about $45

Points to the AluBox RuumX because it's far more customizable and won't slide around within the box with your stuff.

pxl_20210616_223851761-jpg.56568

Back
Top Bottom