2023 DESERT RENDEZVOUS POTLUCK & CAMP COOKING COMPETITION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, have a question?
Would there be enough time to go on the trail ride and be back in time to compete in the cook competition?
I know how much time to cook I need, but is trail ride most of the afternoon?

Also will we have to supple like plates or bowls so people can try our dishes?

People are expected to bring their own plates (or prison platters for some!) but if your dish needs something specialized, like a bowl, most times competitors will provide it as it allows everyone to try their dish. You won't get any votes from people who don't taste your dish, so consider the amount you prepare as well.

Important tip for competitors: At one of the first events I remember a most amazing chocolate crumble something-or-other dessert that was made perfectly in a small dutch oven, back when it was a dutch oven (only) competition. Everyone who tasted it voted for it but they ultimately ran out. Now we have a couple of veterans who will undoubtedly make 100+ servings to make sure everyone has a chance to sample their work, all in good fun.

Hello there, have a question?
Would there be enough time to go on the trail ride and be back in time to compete in the cook competition?
I know how much time to cook I need, but is trail ride most of the afternoon?

Trail runs leave at 9:00 am. Cooking begins at 3:00 pm, with food served at 5:00 pm. Should leave plenty of time for you to do as much or as little as you'd like!

25DB2DC5-9273-446C-9508-56A93260BFEB.jpeg

All these dishes sound great. Make sure you sign up with a dish before check in so you can get that extra ticket. It’s going to be a great year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom