Air Bags for offroading

ArkansasDon

Adventurist
Some time back I saw a thread on air bags for offroading. I saw were the air bag helper spring wasn't attached to the lower cradle. Question is you purchase air bag kit to the vehicle & the lower cradle is purchased separately? Can some one point me in the direction I need.

Last edited:
I run AirLift 1000 series airbags in the back of my LJ. They are a small "ball" style airbag that rides inside the rear coils. That said, I've installed a bunch of their helper systems on FST's both leaf sprung and coil sprung in the rear. I wouldn't bother with the auto-leveler since that will go nuts when you're off road. I also highly recommend a gauge in the dash so you can monitor pressure. Also carry a patch kit and some spare tube (*ask me how I know*).

I'm finding that customer service with companies are much not like what it used to be............... they seem to be poor, not all but some.
I ordered some new suspension parts to complete my trucks updated offroad suspension system. I ordered Air Lift air bags kit for the rear axle & Daystar Offroad Cadles for the air bags so my suspension can properly articulate w\o tearing up the air bags when offroading.
I received 1\2 my order the Air Lift air bag kit but never received the Daystar Offroad Cradles. I've called twice about the parts I haven't received, I'm "polite" never rude because I do understand things happen. But when your lied to BS'd twice about the second half of my order, you start questioning the integrity of the company,1st they mention it was shipping out & I should of receive them week last Monday, today called again figuring enough time has laps, they stated they will not be shipping until the last week of December do to supply issues & then the phone went dead.

Something didn't sit right with me, so I decided to call Daystar & lo and behold they told me their isn't a supply issue that they have plenty in stock, they referred to Suspension.Com out of Texas. I called back the company I ordered from 1st & asked why she hung up on me, that the reason why it took me a bit to call back was I was on the phone with Daystar & told her what they said to me & I ordered the cradles thru another company. The company I dealt with 1st assured me they will credit my "Paypal" & she never apologize to me about the mishaps on the phone. I'm finding more poor quality customer service & the lack of kindness with more companies now days. I totally dislike the fact of giving my money to a company that lacks kindness & good customer service.

I just about having all of the items needed: new offroad running boards, & the air bag kit, soon will have the Daystar Cradles so I can complete this project. Next is tires 285x75R16 Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx & will upgrade my winch. https://sherpa4x4.com/collections/s...12000lb-offroad-winch#judgeme_product_reviews

Last edited:
they came in, the company from Texas, Suspension.Com came through, now I can complete my project.
104_3413.JPG

Back
Top Bottom